Award Winning Project
The Exchange Building is a 15-story mixed-use development in the urban center of Kalamazoo, Michigan. The Exchange Building houses commercial and retail lease areas on the first, second and seventh floors. Levels three through six provide secure automobile parking for commercial tenants and residential residents. Floors eight through fourteen contain residential units with a mix of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and studio apartments with views overlooking the city. The fifteenth floor accommodates corporate suites, a fitness center, as well as landscaped and furnished rooftop terraces for tenants and residents.
The Exchange Building received State and Municipal public support from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Michigan Community Revitalization Program, Michigan Strategic Fun Board, The City of Kalamazoo’s Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, The city’s Downtown Development Authority and Downtown Kalamazoo Inc.
The site is located in the cultural, civic, and economic heart of Kalamazoo and Kalamazoo County. It is adjacent to Bronson Park, the ‘common green’ of Kalamazoo, and a short walk to the Civic Theatre, Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, a plethora of unique shops, restaurants, cafe’s, and the epicenter of the Kalamazoo Craft Brewery District.
Construction of The Exchange:
The construction systems included an auger cast pile foundation system, cast in place concrete columns, and post tensioned concrete floor decks. The exterior envelope enclosure includes pre-cast concrete panels, cast-in-place concrete walls, aluminum frame storefront systems with insulated, tinted and colored glass units. The parking decks are screened with vertically oriented aluminum extrusions providing a decorative louvered screening effect.
For more information about commercial and residential leasing at the Exchange visit: http://www.kalamazooexchange.com/
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCHANGE KALAMAZOO:
- Eye care provider opens in Kalamazoo Exchange building – via MLive – February 12, 2020
- Tenants Move into The Exchange Building in Kalamazoo – via MLive – August 2, 2019
- First Tenant Opens the Doors for Business in the Kalamazoo Exchange Building – via WWMT – July 31, 2019
- Changing the Face of Downtown Kalamazoo – via K102.5 – February 13, 2019
- The Exchange Building – Final Pour – via Byce & Associates, Inc. – November 21, 2018
- Exclusive look 300 feet above Kalamazoo from inside the new Exchange building – via News Channel 3 – November 2, 2018
- Exchange Building Construction Progress Video – via Kent Companies, Inc. – October 24, 2017
- 15-Story Exchange Building project will proceed floor by floor – via MLive – October 23, 2017
- Imagine the Possibilities of Calling Downtown Kalamazoo Home Sweet Home – via Kzoo Connect – July 6, 2017
- Big crowd for groundbreaking at The Exchange – via WKZO – May 13, 2017
- Work begins on long-awaited Exchange Building in Kzoo – via WOOD TV – May 12, 2017
- Exchange Building changes historic landscape in downtown Kalamazoo – via MLive – May 10, 2017
- Construction underway on 15-story development in Kalamazoo – via FOX 17 West Michigan – April 28, 2017
- Construction to begin on $52M Exchange Building in Kalamazoo – via MLive – April 14, 2017
- Changes big and small coming downtown – via WKZO – April 12, 2017
- Plans for 15-story Exchange Building in downtown Kalamazoo move ahead – via MLive – December 20, 2016