The Exchange Kalamazoo – New Mixed-Use Development in Downtown Kalamazoo
The Exchange Building; currently under construction, is a 15 story mixed-use development in the urban center of Kalamazoo, Michigan. The Exchange Building will house commercial and retail lease areas on the first, second and seventh floors. Levels three through six will provide secure automobile parking for occupants and residents. Floors eight through fourteen will be residential units with a mix of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and studio apartments with views overlooking the city. The fifteenth floor will accommodate a restaurant, fitness center, as well as, landscaped and furnished rooftop terraces for residents, occupants, patrons and for special events.
THE EXCHANGE LOCATION
The site is located in the cultural, civic and economic heart of Kalamazoo and Kalamazoo County. It is adjacent to the iconic Bronson Park, the ‘town square’ of Kalamazoo and a short walk to the Civic Theater, Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, a plethora of unique shops, restaurants, cafe’s, and the epicenter of the Kalamazoo Craft Brewery District.
CONSTRUCTION OF THE EXCHANGE
The construction systems include an auger cast pile foundation system, cast in place concrete columns, and post tensioned concrete floor decks. The exterior envelope enclosure will include pre-cast concrete panels, cast-in-place concrete walls, aluminum frame storefront systems with insulated, tinted and colored glass units. The parking decks will be screened with vertically oriented aluminum extrusions providing a decorative louvered screening effect.
- November 3, 2017 – Reinforcing Steel and post tensioning was being placed for the second floor.
- October 4, 2017 – Formwork being installed for first floor to second floor Helix ramp.
- September, 2017 – Concrete poured for entrance/exit portion of parking ramp.
- August 11, 2017 – Underground plumbing in progress.
- July 6, 2017 – 80% of the building’s foundation system has been installed.
- June 5, 2017 – Concrete foundations poured.
- May 12, 2017 – The official groundbreaking ceremony took place.
Construction duration of the Exchange is expected to take about 2 years and be ready for occupants in spring of 2019.
For more information about commercial and residential leasing at the Exchange visit: http://www.kalamazooexchange.com/
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCHANGE KALAMAZOO
- Changing the Face of Downtown Kalamazoo – Via K102.5 – February 13, 2019
- Construction on Kzoo’s ‘The Exchange’ Hits Milestone – via WOOD TV – November 21, 2018
- The Exchange Building – Final Pour – via Byce & Associates, Inc. – November 21, 2018
- Exclusive look 300 feet above Kalamazoo from inside the new Exchange building – via News Channel 3 – November 2, 2018
- Exchange Building Construction Progress Video – via Kent Companies, Inc. – October 24, 2017
- 15-Story Exchange Building project will proceed floor by floor – via MLive – October 23, 2017
- Imagine the Possibilities of Calling Downtown Kalamazoo Home Sweet Home – via Kzoo Connect – July 6, 2017
- Big crowd for groundbreaking at The Exchange – via WKZO – May 13, 2017
- Work begins on long-awaited Exchange Building in Kzoo – via WOOD TV – May 12, 2017
- Exchange Building changes historic landscape in downtown Kalamazoo – via MLive – May 10, 2017
- Construction underway on 15-story development in Kalamazoo – via FOX 17 West Michigan – April 28, 2017
- Construction to begin on $52M Exchange Building in Kalamazoo – via MLive – April 14, 2017
- Changes big and small coming downtown – via WKZO – April 12, 2017
- Exchange Building Leads Push For Downtown Housing In Kalamazoo – via MiBiz – January 8, 2017
- Plans for 15-story Exchange Building in downtown Kalamazoo move ahead – via MLive – December 20, 2016