Byce & Associates, Inc. is providing Architectural, Interior Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Structural Engineering Services for The Creamery Mixed-Use Development in Kalamazoo, Michigan. This 59,420 square foot facility will be seated on the 1.33 acres that once housed the Klover Gold Creamery, bringing to the Kalamazoo Edison Neighborhood a mixed income housing complex, a YWCA childcare facility and retail space.
Designed to be a three-story LEED Platinum Certified building nestled at the intersection of Lake & Portage Street, The Creamery will offer 48 residential units, 38 of which will be rent of income restricted to households at or below 30% of Kalamazoo County’s Area Median Income (AMI) and complying with MSHDA requirements for residential housing. The facility will include a YWCA Daycare with outdoor play area, leasable tenant/retail space and residential apartments accommodated by outdoor patios, a roof top terrace, exercise room, group gathering room and common yard areas. Half of the roof top area will have photovoltaic panels to help supply electricity to the facility.
Site developments embrace cutting edge, low impact design methods including green roof areas and rainwater re-use systems for irrigation of landscape feature areas. The Civil site design is complimented by the inclusion of right of way streetscape improvements including re-working of street curb lines to accommodate parallel parking additions along Portage Street, enhanced streetscape plantings and curb lawn, and improved turning radius at the intersection.
- Frederick Construction
- Byce & Associates, Inc.
More Information About the creamery mixed-use development:
- The Creamery development in Kalamazoo set to be finished January 2021 – via WWMT – July 21, 2020
- Officials break ground on new affordable home project in Kalamazoo – via WWMT – June 27, 2019
- With approval in hand, developers move The Creamery into the building phase – via WWMT – May 27, 2019
- Child care center, 48 apartments planned in $14 million Kalamazoo development – via MLive – May 23, 2019
- Mixed-Use $14.7 million Kalamazoo Creamery Project Secures State Incentives – via MiBiz – May 21, 2019
- Edison Neighborhood looks forward to The Creamery – via Second Wave Media – January 31, 2019