Byce & Associates, Inc. provided Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Structural Engineering for the West Bloomfield Splash Pad at 6200 Farmington Road in Oakland County. Seated on approximately 5-acres, Lily Pad Springs is officially home to the largest splash pad in Michigan. The West Bloomfield Park received a $4 Million expansion which included over 50 play features, four new water slides, a 55-gallon dump bucket, a 2,400 foot custom climbable structure, and various shaded areas for lounging and spectators.
Also included in the design was a new vending area, restrooms, and maintenance facility constructed with masonry walls. This building is the main connection for mechanical and electrical splash pad equipment. Right next door is the ticket booth building that also includes an office, public lockers, and changing area. With a design similar to the maintenance building, this building was designed with future expansion in mind.
The major challenge for this project was the existing detention pond that also is used for areas outside of the property. Lack of information of the areas contributing to the pond for the majority of the project lead our team to do intense research and to think outside of the box to calculate the additional volume that would be needed in the design.
- The Johnson Hill Land Ethics Studio
- Michigan Recreational Construction, Inc.
- Byce & Associates, Inc.
More Information About Lily Pad springs:
- Hop on over to this new splash pad in West Bloomfield – via ClickOnDetroit – July 14, 2021
- West Bloomfield opens state’s largest splash pad – via C&G News – June 24, 2021
- Beat the heat at Lily Pad Springs, Michigan’s Largest Splash Pad – via The Spinal Column – June 23, 2021
- Largest splash pad in Michigan opens in West Bloomfield – via FOX 2 Detroit – June 15, 2021
- Michigan’s largest splash pad will keep you cool this summer – via WITL – June 9, 202
- Lily Pad Springs is Finally Open! – via Civic Center TV – June 8, 2021
- Michigan’s largest splash pad has 4 water slides, 55 gallon dump bucket – via MLive – June 8, 2021
- Plan a visit to Michigan’s largest + brand new splash pad – via Little Guide Detroit – June 5, 2021