Byce & Associates, Inc. is providing Architectural, Interior Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Structural Engineering for the City of Portage new Senior Center located on East Centre Avenue in Portage, Michigan. Byce previously conducted a facility assessment, master plan, and feasibility study for the Portage Senior Center where it was recommended that a new facility be designed and constructed.
The proposed improvements will accomplish 2 key objectives:
- More space to accommodate expanded activities for older adults and community recreational opportunities through Portage Parks & Recreation programing.
- Modern space to accommodate the coming wave of active baby boomers who will demand different programming and more flexible space than today’s older adults.
Features of this building include a multi-purpose room that could accommodate up to 350 people with a performance stage, a courtyard with an outdoor fireplace for socializing, an outdoor terrace for warm weather activities, multi-purpose activity space that could accommodate pickle ball, and other community recreational uses, fitness space, and a center promenade for indoor walking during the winter. Also included will be a computer lounge, a commercial kitchen to facilitate cooking classes and allow for catered events, a banquet facility that could accommodate up to 150 people for public and private events, ADA accessible restrooms, a coffee shop, gaming space, including billiards, ping pong, and other activities, as well as a dedicated space for quiet reading and reflection.
- AVB, Inc.
- Byce & Associates, Inc.
More Information About the charles & lynn zhang portage community senior center:
- Charles & Lynn Zhang Portage Community Senior Center May 2021 Site Update – Byce YouTube – May 14, 2021
- Portage breaks ground on new community senior center – via MLive – September 24, 2020
- Ground breaking ceremony held for new senior center in Portage – via WWMT – September 24, 2020
- Portage selects architect for $11M senior center – via MLive – February 11, 2020
- Engage. Empower. Enrich. A Campaign for the Portage Community Senior Center – via portagemi.gov – September 17, 2019