Byce & Associates, Inc., an award winning architectural and engineering firm in Kalamazoo Michigan with a diverse and growing portfolio, is currently seeking an Entry Level Electrical Engineer to work on a variety of project types.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from ABET Accredited College or University
- Knowledge/experience in electrical power distribution and lighting systems, 0-3+ years experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT), preferred
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Revit experience preferred
- Electrical engineering design and layout of systems for projects such as commercial, industrial, correctional, and parks.
- Assists in the development of probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Performs design of portions of non-routine projects or entire routine projects under direction of project manager.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules and permits for projects.
- Provides technical support to other staff in area of expertise.
- Performs drafting on a regular basis to reduce designs to final drawings.
- Understands terminology and other concepts related to engineering and construction practices.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in Project Management Manual.
- Periodic site visits.
- Assist in the review contractor submittals and respond to contractor questions during construction.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work alone and on teams.
- Positive attitude.
Byce & Associates, Inc. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, medical and dependent care reimbursement plans, education reimbursement program, continuing education, and paid time off (PTO).
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply below with your resume and cover letter.
All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Byce & Associates, Inc. is minority owned, an Equal Opportunity Employer.