Byce & Associates, Inc., an award winning architectural and engineering firm in Kalamazoo, Michigan with a diverse and growing portfolio, is currently seeking an Electrical Designer to work on a variety of project types.
- 2-year degree in technical design, computer-aided drafting, building design, or construction related activities.
- Degree focused on electrical systems design/construction is preferred.
- Solid computer-aided drafting skills are required.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and/or other 3D modeling is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office software is required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone and on teams.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems design.
- Ability to keep commitments and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude.
- Assist electrical engineers by producing construction drawings using Revit.
- Model electrical systems in 3-dimensions including power systems, lighting systems, fire alarm, access control, and security.
- Prepare 2-dimensional construction details for electrical system designs including power distribution One-Line Diagrams, wiring diagrams, and details.
- Model lighting systems in photometric software to design general and emergency lighting systems for commercial buildings.
- Assist with basic electrical engineering calculations under the oversight of a lead project engineer.
- Assist with field measurements and documentation by attending site visits to current or prospective job sites. Photograph existing conditions and take legible field notes.
- Maintain the electrical drafting standards and library of standard drawing symbols.
- Be quick and responsive to communication both in-person or virtually through Microsoft Teams and Outlook.
- Provide additional support for other departments in the company when needed.
Byce & Associates, Inc. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, medical and dependent care reimbursement plans, education reimbursement program, continuing education, and paid time off (PTO).
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply below with your resume and cover letter.
All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Byce & Associates, Inc. is minority owned, an Equal Opportunity Employer.