Byce & Associates, Inc., an award winning architectural and engineering firm in Kalamazoo Michigan with a diverse and growing portfolio, is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Manager to work on a variety of project types. The Civil Engineering Manager is responsible for the quality of work performed, client service and development, reputation and image of the firm, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability.
- Professional Engineering Licensure required and Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Civil Engineering required.
- Strong background in civil site development, extensive experience in storm water management and grading. State bridge and municipal engineering experience preferred.
- Leadership qualities and excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to operate well in fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Civil 3-D.
- Oversee Civil team members.
- Site civil engineering design for commercial, correctional, and industrial sites.
- Work with and assist with training of staff members in Civil 3-D, as well as do Civil 3-D production.
- Managing civil project development and execution from inception to closure.
- Watermain and Sewer profiles, cut and fill balancing, storm water management.
- Layout and design of parking lots, roadways, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, watermain and utilities.
- Responsible for preparation of drawings, details, and specifications for construction.
- Coordinate with local review authorities and attendance at Planning Commission and other regulatory approval agencies as needed. Perform site visits and client meetings.
- Working with Senior Management outlining goals, budget, timing, deliverables, and required resources.
- Completing work breakdown structure for the estimation of efforts needed for each task.
- Communicating clearly the expectations to project team members.
- Resolving issues and solving problems throughout the project cycle and completing close-outs.
- Determining the requirement of external contractors or consultants to accomplish the project plan, recruiting and managing appropriate staffing if required. Creating and sending out project schedule.
- Tracking and reporting project milestones and providing status reports to Senior Management.
- Responsible for control of work-in-progress, ensure accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts.
- Developing tools and applying best practices for the execution and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment and have a positive attitude.
Byce & Associates, Inc. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, medical and dependent care reimbursement plans, education reimbursement program, continuing education, and paid time off (PTO).
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply below with your resume and cover letter.
All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Byce & Associates, Inc. is minority owned, an Equal Opportunity Employer.