Byce & Associates, Inc., an award winning architectural and engineering firm in Kalamazoo Michigan with a diverse and growing portfolio, is currently seeking an Architectural Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate is competent in all conventional aspects of architecture. In this role, you will independently solve problems that you encounter, while also working closely with Senior Architects, receiving guidance on unusual or complex issues.
Basic Experience & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of experience working at an architectural firm.
- Working experience with BIM/Revit software.
- Proficiency in preparing clear, complete, and accurate plans and details from conceptual sketches through construction documents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University.
- Competent in all conventional aspects of architecture.
- Experience with Autocad, Photoshop, SketchUp or other 3D Modeling.
- Experience working on commercial projects.
- Designing and preparing complex drawings for building structures using Revit software.
- Incorporating red-line changes in existing drawings as directed.
- Documenting changes to architectural drawings.
- Creating, editing, and coordinating 3D models using Revit in accordance with Byce Standards.
- Performing BIM tasks and keeping standards up to date.
- Working well independently but also collaborating with all disciplines.
- Contributing proactively to the project team.
Byce & Associates, Inc. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, medical and dependent care reimbursement plans, education reimbursement program, continuing education, and paid time off (PTO).
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply below with your resume and cover letter.
All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Byce & Associates, Inc. is minority owned, an Equal Opportunity Employer.